We are operating on a reservation-only basis for dine-in guests, and are now accepting same-day carryout orders. Please check our current hours here.
We are taking all necessary precautions to ensure a healthy and safe environment for both our guests and staff. Please review our COVID-19 safety protocols.
A place to share Food, Drink & Hospitality
Shaped by our craftsmen's approach to cooking, the culture of our city, the creativity of our staff and the products from our amazing farmers.
The Odd Duck Almanac is our new annual publication and subscription service featuring recipes, stories, opinions, and much more . . .
- Sunday-Thursday, 5:00pm-8:30pm
- Friday-Saturday, 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Items with (: are 1/2-price during Happy Hour, 5:00pm-6:00pm daily
- Cast iron cornbread, beer cheese, honey butter | 10 (:
- Spicy melon salad, tamarind, cucumber, fish sauce, thai lime togarashi | 10 (:
- Redfish ceviche*, green curry, corn, tomato, peppers, potato chip | 14
- Cherry tomato salad, olive, basil, red onion, feta, breadcrumb | 11
- Fried smoked fish brandade, “Old Duck” spiced mayo*, tomato jam, red onion | 11 (:
- Pan-fried bologna sandwich, Stryk cheddar sauce, pickled peppers, red dressing | 13
- TX Wagyu burger, beer cheese, pig face jam, roasted peppers, aioli*, crispy onion | 18
- Country fried quail, peach hot sauce, pickles, fried biscuits, shishito ranch | 21
- Blue crab capellini pasta, pesto, peppers, marinated tomatoes, pistachio | 20
- Grilled lamb kefta, falafel, goatziki, herb salad, cashew hummus, honey, flatbread | 25
- Bratwurst spiced pork chop, eggplant purée, peach, squash, crispy spaetzle | 38
- Lemon crinkle cookie, lemon curd, meringue, thyme | 4
- Coconut rice puddin’, summer fruit, ginger, mint, chai spice, peanut | 7
- Peach upside-down cake, pistachio-ginger crumble, lime whip | 9
- Draft Paloma | 10
- Lunazul tequila, Aperol, ginger, tarragon, grapefruit, salt foam
- Watermelon Swirl Margarita | 13
- Lunazul tequila, Damiana, lime, agave, watermelon-lime swirl, chile-salt rim, frozen
- Hurricane Odd Duck | 10
- Flor de Caña, Blackwell, Wray & Nephew overproof, Aperol, strawberry shrub, tarragon, oj
- Yuh Ol’ Peach! | 10
- 1876 Vodka, Campari, peach, lemon
- Serenity Now | 11
- Fords London Dry gin, Kinsman apricot brandy, El Silencio mezcal, golden beet shrub, lemon
- Tomato-Tomahto | 12
- CIlantro infused gin, Ancho Reyes, lime, tomato water, olive brine
- Nice, Bryce | 14
- Meletti amaro, El Silencio mezcal, Pura Vida Naranja, Cynar, lime, served on nitro
In 2009, brothers Bryce and Dylan Gilmore purchased a Fleetwood Mallard trailer with a mission to turn it into an eatery serving only food with ingredients from local Austin farms. After a drive to Wisconsin to pick up the trailer and a hundred or so man-hours rehabbing it and outfitting it with a wood-burning grill, they named the trailer “Odd Duck” and opened that December. The trailer became instantly beloved by the city and afforded Bryce national recognition and acclaim as a chef while simultaneously helping put Austin’s local food scene on the map. Bryce began buying whole hogs from a local farm and using it from snout to tail throughout the week, sourcing local eggs from a farmer, whom he still exclusively buys his eggs from today, and started frequenting the (at the time) small Saturday farmers market where local farmers still did not sell wholesale to restaurant owners and chefs. Much of that has changed today due in part of Odd Duck’s mission, as well as Bryce’s commitment to cook and serve innovative dishes using only locally sourced goods.
El Capitan & Partner
Mark David Buley
Chef & Partner
The Man & Partner
Check Signer & Partner
AGM & Beer Dude
Chef De Cuisine
Current state-wide mandates restrict reservations to 10 or less diners. For groups of 6 or less you may use the Resy link below to make your reservation. At this time Odd Duck will operate on a reservation only basis. We are operating at 50% capacity so reservations are rather limited. If you do not see the time and party size you are looking for, please try a different day/time combination. If your party is between 7-10 diners please refer to "Large Parties and Buyout Information" below.
Large parties And buyout information
- For the time being we are not able to accommodate groups larger than 10 diners. Eventually we will be able to accommodate large groups again, and welcome all inquiries. Please fill out the inquiry form using the button below. All inquiries are answered in the order they are received and within 24 to 48 hours.
**Your booking is not complete until you have finalized all details with our event coordinator.**
- See Our FAQS For Parking Info
a: 1201 S Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78704
- Current Hours
- 5pm-8:30pm, Sunday - Thursday
- 5pm-9:00pm, Friday - Saturday
- Happy Hour 5pm-6:00pm, Wednesday - Sunday