We are operating on a reservation-only basis for dine-in guests, and are now accepting same-day carryout orders. Please check our current hours here.
We are taking all necessary precautions to ensure a healthy and safe environment for both our guests and staff. Please review our COVID-19 safety protocols.
A place to share Food, Drink & Hospitality
Shaped by our craftsmen's approach to cooking, the culture of our city, the creativity of our staff and the products from our amazing farmers.
The Odd Duck Almanac is our new annual publication and subscription service featuring recipes, stories, opinions, and much more . . .
- Mon-Sun 5:00pm-8:00pm
- Cast iron cornbread, beer cheese, honey butter | 10
- Roasted beets, herbed cheese, mint, honey, red wine vin, almond dukkah | 11
- *Redfish ceviche, Summer gazpacho, corn, tomato, radish, potato chip | 14*
- Cherry tomato salad, olives, basil, red onion, feta, breadcrumb | 11
- *Antelope tataki tostada, mushroom, olive, caper-raisin dressing | 14*
- Cornmeal fried shrimp sliders, “Old Duck” spiced mayo, tomato jam, lettuce | 15
- Smoked pork tongue pastrami pizza, red dressing, cabbage, mushroom rye crumble | 18
- Texas angus burger, beer cheese, pig face jam, dijonnaise, crispy onion | 17
- Country fried quail, peach hot sauce, pickles, fried biscuits, shishito ranch | 21
- Fried whole fish of the day, green curry, thai herbs, cashews | MP
- Barbacoa pasta, carrot sugo, triple crème, peppers, tortilla chips | 23
- Grilled lamb sirloin, falafel, goatziki, herb salad, cashew hummus, honey, flatbread | 43
- Jerk glazed pork chop, grilled shishito, peach, chicory, potato purée | 45
- *1/2 pig head taco fiesta, grilled chili salsa, goat cheese, cabbage, peach-fennel jam, corn tortillas | 39*
- Spiced hazelnut butter cookie, toasted marshmallow fluff | 4
- Peach upside-down cake, pistachio-ginger crumble, lime whip | 9
- Chocolate brownie trifle, chocolate pudding, whipped yogurt, cacao nibs | 10
*Not available for takeout*
- Draft Paloma | 10
- Lunazul tequila, Aperol, ginger, tarragon, grapefruit, salt foam
- Frozen Hurricane | 13
- Blackwell Jamaican rum, Flor de Cana, Wray & Nephew overproof, strawberry shrub, lime
- Nice, Bryce! | 14
- Meletti amaro, El Silencio mezcal, Pura Vida Naranja, Cynar, lime, served on nitro
In 2009, brothers Bryce and Dylan Gilmore purchased a Fleetwood Mallard trailer with a mission to turn it into an eatery serving only food with ingredients from local Austin farms. After a drive to Wisconsin to pick up the trailer and a hundred or so man-hours rehabbing it and outfitting it with a wood-burning grill, they named the trailer “Odd Duck” and opened that December. The trailer became instantly beloved by the city and afforded Bryce national recognition and acclaim as a chef while simultaneously helping put Austin’s local food scene on the map. Bryce began buying whole hogs from a local farm and using it from snout to tail throughout the week, sourcing local eggs from a farmer, whom he still exclusively buys his eggs from today, and started frequenting the (at the time) small Saturday farmers market where local farmers still did not sell wholesale to restaurant owners and chefs. Much of that has changed today due in part of Odd Duck’s mission, as well as Bryce’s commitment to cook and serve innovative dishes using only locally sourced goods.
El Capitan & Partner
Mark David Buley
Chef & Partner
The Man & Partner
Check Signer & Partner
AGM & Beer Dude
Chef De Cuisine
Current state-wide mandates restrict reservations to 6 or less diners. We are currently unable to accommodate groups larger than 6 diners. You may place a reservation using the link below. At this time Odd Duck will operate on a reservation only basis. We are operating at 50% capacity so reservations are rather limited. If you do not see the time and party size you are looking for, please try a different day/time combination.
Large parties And buyout information
- Eventually we will be able to accommodate large groups again, and welcome all inquiries. For parties of seven or more, please fill out the inquiry form using the button below. All inquiries are answered in the order they are received and within 24 to 48 hours.
**Your booking is not complete until you have finalized all details with our event coordinator.**